Finally it’s done and my wrist thanks.
I’d love to do more things like this if my writing skills weren’t so bad and cheesy, I apologize for that.
Shawn Ashmore remembers a moment eight years ago when he and Ellen Page were strapped together at the top of a building, staring down into a hole 70-odd feet below. It was stunt time. The pair—secured by cables—would have to launch themselves earthward, aiming, as best they could, for the pit.
“When we were on the ground, the hole looked giant, but once we got up there, it seemed like trying to dive into a glass of water,” says Ashmore. “I look over at Ellen and she has a big grin on her face. Later, she told this story on set like it was the greatest thing that ever happened; I was convinced we were going to break our legs and may never walk again. Maybe Ellen is just braver than I am.”
- Flare Magazine June 2014
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
michaelfastbender replied to your post “What to do when it’s your day off and you only got like 3 hours of…”
Brilliant idea is brilliant.
carlosison replied to your photo “New hair courtesy of the clippers I sometimes forget I own and my…”
Thank you all for your support.